The focus of the Humana Challenge has always been to motivate and inspire people to become healthier and to live life more fully, but it took a giant step forward in 2014 by setting a new goal of becoming the “Healthiest Event in America.”
The week of wellness activities built around the annual PGA TOUR golf tournament in the Coachella Valley, Calif., shows that it is never too late and never too early to begin the journey to a healthy, happy life. People of all ages, with diverse interests and backgrounds, join the fun, taking steps together to improve their own lives and the lives of those around them.
Humana’s new partnership with Charity Miles, a free app that tracks mileage while raising money for charity, is a perfect example of the deepening commitment to helping people achieve lifelong health and well-being. For 10 days, before and during the tournament, Humana donated 25 cents to national charities for every mile app users walked, ran or biked. More than 18,000 people from across the country used the app, logging 252 million steps and more than 126,000 miles. Those impressive efforts led to a $31,500 donation by Humana to national charities and an additional $50,000 donation to support the Desert Classic Charities of Coachella Valley.
Watch the video above to see highlights of the week’s events or read the following articles for more detail, photos and videos about specific events held during the Humana Challenge, the “Healthiest Event in America.”
- Humana Challenge kicks off week of wellness with Well-Being Walk, Healthy Fun Fair
- Humana Day at the Certified Farmers’ Market inspires better health
- Clinton Foundation Day of Action: Healthier people, healthier community
- Clinton Foundation Health Matters Conference: Commitment to health, commitment to action
- Humana Challenge: ‘Healthiest event in America’
- As Humana Challenge play begins, partners discuss tournament success
- Get fit, make a difference with Humana and Charity Miles
- Humana Challenge Military Appreciation Day honors nation’s heroes